Hiring a Contractor
If you decide to hire a professional contractor, here are some useful questions you should ask to help you make the right choice.
- How long have they been installing pavers or walls?
- Have they attended training sessions conducted by Pavers by Ideal™ or by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute? Do they install according to industry specifications?
- Does their installation include SnapEdge®, a structural edge restraint designed specifically for concrete pavers?
- Will they provide three references, including both recent and past jobs and you can contact their references and inspect the jobs? Is their credit in good standing?
- Do they have a current liability insurance certificate? While they are on your property, they should be insured for any damage or injuries that may occur. Check your homeowner’s insurance policy for coverage of the contractor while on your property. Can the contractor provide proof that Worker Compensation insurance covers everyone on the job?
- Do they provide a written, itemized proposal outlining the scope of the work and terms of payment? It should include starting and completion dates, all site work, materials, and taxes.
- Do they guarantee their work for one year? Will they return in one year to inspect it?