So are we because stormwater runoff has been directly tied to environmental concerns. You see, it picks up and carries pollutants into nearby storm drains that lead directly to streams, lakes and rivers, and ultimately into coastal waters where the contaminants affect aquatic life, fishing, swimming, and even our drinking water. To address this, many cities and towns have imposed limits on the area impervious surfaces can cover residential and commercial property.
And when it comes to rainfall, Mother Nature is fickle! Low water reservoirs, bans imposed on watering lawns, flash floods, wet yards, flooded basements and beaches closed due to bacteria count can all be linked to stormwater run-off, or in other words, rainfall not seeping directly into the ground as Mother Nature intended.
Pavement plays a significant role, and we can help! Our Aqua-Bric, Andover Collection, Andover 5511, Portsmouth Cobble, and Brookstone pavers allow water, even heavy rainfall and snowmelt, to drain through openings in the surface. As it passes through an open-graded stone base, contaminants are naturally filtered out from the water before it infiltrates into the soil below.
Permeable pavers…a built-in solution to managing stormwater pollution with all the benefits, style and character of our traditional pavers. Pavers by Ideal…making products that lessen our impact on the world around us and helping build a cleaner and more sustainable future.
Why Permeable Pavers?
- All the benefits of our standard pavers
- Pedestrian and vehicular friendly
- Choice of styles, colors and patterns
- Firm, stable and slip-resistant
- Strong and durable
- Factory-made and ready to install year-round
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Capable of infiltrating 100% of rainfall
- Contribute to groundwater recharge
- Rainwater harvesting
- Qualify for LEED® Credits
- Mitigate runoff, TSS, pollutant loads and capture “first flush”
- Winter friendly
- Snow-plow safe
- Allow snow melt to drain
- Minimize icing and deicer use